I am an energetic and entertaining speaker who loves to educate others about what I do. As an award winning author/illustrator, I present an interactive presentation including behind the scenes photographs of both the writing and editing process and illustrations. I include images of my early illustration and writing so students can connect with where I started and feel more confident about their own work. I focus on the importance of perseverance in achieving your dreams by sharing my own journey to become an author/illustrator.
What to expect:
An educational, dynamic and interactive presentation geared toward the age level and specific educational goals of the audience. All content of every session is tailored to the audience. I showcase the revision process of writing and illustrating, along with the idea that if you are willing to work hard, your dreams can be achieved.
- My typical presentation is between 45-60 minutes.
- Workshops are typically 30-60 minutes long, depending on content.
- Session content will vary depending on audience age, time, and school requests.
- I arrive 20 – 30 minutes early, unless specifically requested to arrive earlier.
- I bring a jump drive, books, examples, and props.
- There is ALWAYS time for questions!
Additional workshop options:
Story Building Workshop
Character Illustration Workshop
Book Illustration Workshop
What I need from you:
- Projector and Screen
- Microphone (for groups larger than classroom size)
- Computer with PowerPoint OPTIONAL (I can bring my own, however sometimes linking to your projector can be tricky!)
- Electrical outlet
- Paper and pencils for students if workshop is included
- An audience!
Skype visits are also available:
About a month before my visit I will email you a book order form, make changes as you see fit (it’s in editable MS Word .doc), and send it home to the families. They fill it out and return it to you. Notify me 2 days in advance of book totals, and I will bring them with me the day of my presentation. I am happy to sign and personalize books at your school.
“Love the way you connected with students by sharing your development through the years. Your pictures were great!”
“Love that you gave the students time to draw. LOVE this presentation—wouldn’t change a thing!”
“Great progression from your early drawings to your expertise now. Nice overview of the processes with corresponding pictures. Your expressions really hit home, the frustration of working so hard and still never giving up!”
Please contact me at email@example.com